Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Kindle help please - I had a previous Kindle but purchased

Kindle help please - I had a previous Kindle but purchased a new one this afternoon prior to my imminent holiday. We are trying to connect to our WiFi but cannot remember our WiFi password. Obviously I have an existing Amazon Account.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you have any computer that is currently connected through Wifi?
If yes, what is the operating system on your computer (XP, Vista, Windows 7 etc.)

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Todd - Windows 7

Hi Gillian,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Please follow the steps below on your computer to find your wi-fi password:

1. Click the wifi strength indicator on the taskbar at the bottom right corner of your computer.

2. Right-click on your wifi network name, and select "Properties".

3. Select "Show characters" to display the wifi network password.

Another way to find your wifi password XXXXX your computer:
1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click on Manage wireless networks on the left pane.
3. A list of wireless networks will be shown. Click to highlight on your wireless network connection. Right click on it and select Properties.
4. Click on Security tab.
5. The network security key for the wireless network is hidden by asterisk by default. Check "Show characters" to see your wifi password.

When done, reset your Kindle (press and hold Power button for exactly 35 seconds). When Kindle reboot, try to connect it to wifi using the password XXXXX found using procedures above.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd