carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi just switched on my Samsung ps-42s5sd blue light goes out

Customer Question

Hi just switched on my Samsung ps-42s5sd blue light goes out but no picture just a buzzing sound,can you tell me what the problem is?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Do you get any flickers or signs of life on the screen?

I suspect that it could be the power supply you would be able to confirm this with some voltage testing on the board but this would involve taking the back off the tv. If you would like to carry out testing I will be able to talk you through it if you would prefer, I might be able suggest a local engineer to you who could take a look at it for you.

If you were to take the tv to an engineer I would expect the repair to cost around £50 to £120 with an inspection charge of around £30 to look at the set.