michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My TX-L47WT50B television will not switch on. The on/off light

My TX-L47WT50B television will not switch on. The on/off light at the bottom left of the screen is flashing red - not solid red - and pressing the buttons on the remote will not switch the set on

Help please !!!!!!!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

michelleclive :

Unplug the power cable from the tv and let it sit for 5 mins

michelleclive :

after 5 mins dont connect the power cable all you have to do is push and hold down the power button on the tv for 30 seconds and do not connect the power cable while you are holding the power button pushed.

michelleclive :

reconnect the power cable and then turn on the tv with remote.

michelleclive :

let me know how it works

Customer:

Did exactly as you said. When I plugged in the power supply, the tv came on for about two seconds and then switched off. The on/off light is once again and pressing and nothing happens when pressing a button on the remote - the same problem as before.

michelleclive :

okay

michelleclive :

how old is the tv

Customer:

About 18 months

michelleclive :

do you have an extended warranty on it.

Customer:

No

michelleclive :

is a Panasonic TX-L47WT50B LED tv is that correct?

Customer:

Correct

michelleclive :

try the power cycle step one more time as you tried earlier then i will be able tell you the cause of the problem and the fix.

michelleclive :

nplug the power cable from the tv and let it sit for 5 mins

michelleclive :

after 5 mins don't connect the power cable all you have to do is push and hold down the power button on the tv for 30 seconds and do not connect the power cable while you are holding the power button pushed.

michelleclive :

Customer:

Once again did exactly as you said. Once again when I plugged in the power supply, the tv came on with a green flashing light and then after two seconds switched off. The on/off light is once again is flashing red and nothing happens when pressing a button on the remote - the same problem as before.

michelleclive :

Thank you for confirming the steps and the result.

michelleclive :

The problem when the tv is with the smps unit which in technical term called switching mode power supply which is an inbuilt internal power supply that provide dc output to the main circuit board of the tv to operate. SMPS unit is bad and requires repair.

michelleclive :

there is a short circuit on the smps unit which converts the ac power to dc voltage and supply it to the main board.

Customer:

Thank you. II will contact the manufacturer. In the meantime I am happy to pay for your time. However, if they tell me differently, I expect not to be charged.

michelleclive :

its the power suppy unit which is tripping due do short circuit and its unable to send the dc voltage that is why the unit is turning on and it trips the power. smps is a unit which requires no power stabilizer as it it self stabilize the power and it shut down automatically when the correct voltage is not given to the output.

michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Customer:

I will hold my response in suspense until I have heard from the manufacturer. In the meantime I thank you for your help.

michelleclive :

Not a problem take your time

michelleclive :

Thanks for using our service and have a nice day.

Customer:

Dear XXXXX

Customer:

Dear Michele, the advice you gave was correct and the tv has been sent away for repair. I am happy to pay the £22.00 that has been charged. Best wishes Peter

If you found the information shared by me useful, please click on a smiley to rate my answer.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.