michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have an Asus eepad transformer T101 and want to upgrade the

Customer Question

I have an Asus eepad transformer T101 and want to upgrade the Android OS to 4.3 from 4.1. How do I do it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Customer:

let me know when you are ready

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

I am ready

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

why does it say JACUSTOMER ck90mbwq, instead of my name? I hope you have my correct account.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

anyway I am using my Windows 7 computer to do this, but it is connected by usb to my Asus eepad transformer T101 which is disappointing me by its slow behaviour. so I thought maybe a new OS would help. or upgraded OS

Customer:

i am sorry i have no control to billing or acc**t info status regarding the username of your however i can help you with the question you have come up with.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

at least you have the correct question I asked.

Customer:

you want to upgrade your Android version from 4.1 to 4.3 correct.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

yes

Customer:

This device has Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean currently

Customer:

and you cannot upgrade it start from 4.1.1 to 4.3

Customer:

you will have upgrade it to 4.2. 4.3 version is not available for this device

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

? I looked at settings and could not see an "upgrade" option.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

sorry it has android 4.2.2

Customer:

you mentioned 4.1 in your question

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

it is a tf101 it is running Domination ROM version -20130729

Customer:

go to the settings icon and select about tablet

Customer:

it will show you the current version

Customer:

go to the settings icon and select about tablet it will show you the current version

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

looking now. It has 4.2.2

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

Android version

Customer:

please give me the serial number of the Eeepad

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

S/N:B60KAS112480

Customer:

please confirm the model number is XXXXX Eee PC T101MT

Customer:

Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Customer:

on the pad click on the settings icon and then select about phone

Customer:

you will see firmware upgrade or firmware verison

Customer:

if there is on firmware upgrade option available then there is no official firmware 4.3 is available.

Customer:

you can upgrade to 4.3 version from outside asus website and that will void your warranty.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

TF101

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

not T101MT it is TF101

Customer:

did you read rest of my messsages after i asked about the model number

Customer:

your model is Eee Pad Transformer TF101

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

I do not see a firmware upgrade option. so maybe there is no upgrade available. :-(

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

I would like to updgrade from outside the Asus website as my warranty is past time anyway. I have had it more than a year.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

I did read you messages, the window on this website is annoying as I have to scroll up and down for a tiny window rather than read the whole or big parts of the conversation at one glance. It is possible I miss some bits while waiting for a reply.

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

You should tell Just Answer that this chat window is takes up a tiny space of the screen while all the other info about the website takes up 80%. It is annoying.

Customer:

in that case i will close this chat and change it to question answer mode

JACUSTOMER-ck90mbwq- :

ok

Customer:

close this window and open justanswer email

Customer:

as you open it click on view my answer then whole chat will open in the full page.

Let me know if you have any questions or doubts.