Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LED TV model UE32D5520 and in the last month

I have a Samsung LED TV model UE32D5520 and in the last month I have noticed two marks the size of thumb prints which show up on white background. The marks are greyish
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV?
- Can you please provide a picture of TV screen so I can view those marks that will help to diagnose the problem quickly?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The tv is about 18 months old. I tried to photo the marks but they fail to show up
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, so marks are faint and visible on white background.
Is both mark size increasing gradually?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the marks have stayed the same size

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

This kind of problem occurs due to defect in polarizers inside display panel (the screen) and entire display panel will be replaced to resolve the issue, sorry for this news.
Since TV is 18 months old that means it would be out of warranty, however, call the Samsung as number would be written on warranty card to discuss the matter of so early failure of display panel and ask to replace it under warranty, I hope Samsung will offer you discount for new TV purchase as display panel replacement would cost around new TV price.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely display panel internal issue that needs replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.