Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

My Kindle paperwhite is not showing all my books on its homepage.

Customer Question

My Kindle paperwhite is not showing all my books on its homepage. It just keeps going back to the first 2 pages although I have 15 items in all. It also now seems stuck on one book I was not reading and I can;t get back to the one I was reading. In fact it seems to have gone haywire. I tried switching off and on again but it was no different. Please help!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done all you suggested and now can find page 3 using the the ;titles; search but not the page number search. Also I have 15 items which tells me that I should have at least 4 or 5 pages of books. The main page only that I have 1/3 pages.

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your reply.

First of all sync all items using the procedure below. Be sure that your Kindle is connected to wifi internet.

From Home, tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap Sync & Check for Items.

If that doesn't help switch the books view setting. When you open the books content page, tap the Menu icon and check if there is an option "List View". Check if that works.

If none of the previous solutions works log into Amazon and check the "All Items" list. If there is a book on the list that is not on your Kindle use the procedure below to transfer it.

1. Log in into your Amazon account - click here
2. Go to Manage your Kindle
3. Find the book on the list you want to transfer. Click on the "Actions..." dropdown beside the title and select "Deliver to my..."
4. Select the Kindle device you will transfer the file to and click the "Deliver" button.

When done, reboot and sync your Kindle.

Please let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing you have suggested has worked. I still cannot access page 2, only 1 &3. I just bought 2 more books from Amazon and cannot find those either.

That's strange.

Are you able to find those 2 new books on your Amazon account? (the last procedure I provided you with in my previous answer).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I didn't get back to you, I couldn't find a way to get back to you after I looked up in Amazon for my Book list. We had been working on this for over an hour, not counting the work I had been before in desperation I contacted you. I have ME and was completely exhausted also. I was glad to receive your e-mail. MY 'all items' list contains a list f Spanish dictionaries - nothing to do with me - and not one book that I actually have, so I was unable to do the rest of the things you asked me to do. the 2 books I ordered are registered in 'My account'. I clicked on Books on the 'all items' page and it said that there were no books.

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your reply.

To permanently delete book from your library please follow the steps below:
1. Find the book, expand the information block by clicking on the “+” sign near the book name.
2. On the right side of the scree, click on "Actions" and select "Delete from library".
3. You will be asked for a confirmation, since this action is non-revocable, the book would be completely gone and you will need to buy it again to read it. You will not be refunded the original purchase cost.

Please note that books "Free Dictionary" can't be deleted (they will be listed on your "All Items" list but not on your device until you send it manually).

When done, please perform the factory reset of your Kindle using the procedure below:
1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device.
3. After resetting your will have to register your Kindle using the same Amazon account you have registered right now.
4. When done, be sure that your Kindle is connected to wifi internet, from Home tap the Menu icon (3 lines icon), and then tap Sync & Check for Items.

If 2 new books still doesn't appear on your Kindle, log into your Amazon account, in the "Your Account" section check for "View Open Orders" option and check the status of your books.

Please don't hesitate to ask if the problems remains after you try previous solutions. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not understand - I am not waning to remove a book from my Kindle. I am trying to find all the books that are on there, plus the 2 I bought yesterday. Also I cannot access page 2. Every time I try It just goes back to page 1.

I provided you with instruction how to delete Spanish dictionary in case you want to delete it (if removable from the list).

As this issue is related to bug in the software please perform the factory reset procedure. That should resolve all issues with software on your device.

Let me know if that works please. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done what you said and now have no books on my Kindle - they have disappeared. How do I restore them?

Just to be sure, is there chance that you have another Amazon accounts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I have no other accounts. The Spanish dictionaries had not appeared on my Kindle they were on the list on the amazon site 'All items'. I feel I am much further back now than when we started - now I have no books at all on my Kindle and my confidence in both this service and the `kindle itself is completely shattered.

Because we tried all available solutions and there is no issue on your side (not on your Kindle) the only options left is to contact Amazon directly at 1-866-321-8851. We at JustAnswer.com are not connected with Amazon, so I don't have access to customer's accounts.

There is an option that Amazon calls you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the page below - click here.
Log in using your Amazon account information.
2. Select Kindle > Kindle Device > Kindle eBooks and Newsstand > Something else > enter "Books disappeared"
3. Click Phone - Call us
4. Enter your number and choice "Call me now" or "Call me for 5 minutes".

As you feel unsatisfied please use the link below to request refund - click here

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a issue related to Amazon not your Kindle.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd