KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

I have a phillips model 30PF9976/12 and I cant get any sound,

Customer Question

I have a phillips model 30PF9976/12 and I can't get any sound, although a picture. when I press the volume button or the 'mute' button the tv states 'central system active'
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-52073618- : Hi. Im not sure how old it is. I have previously used a freeview + box. When i tried to use the aerial only there was no picture at all and unable to tune to any channels hence the STB which has previously worked
KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem is most likely a bad board (Probably bad SSB board) that is causing this issue and will have to be checked

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean you have already checked it with set top box and non HDMI cables

KevinWhiteJA :

how good are your DIY skills ? are you willing to replace/repair the part yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-52073618- : How difficult is is to do and where could i get the part. Is it expensive?
KevinWhiteJA :

If you get it replaced professionally then it will cost around £140-£150 depending on the part that is replaced including everything

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks