Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung Ps43D490 43" tv bought in 2011 has just started

Customer Question

My Samsung Ps43D490 43" tv bought in 2011 has just started to lose the picture. It turns on for a bit then the picture goes and we can hear sound but no picture. Tonight it went of and will not turn back on again although I can hear the sound.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does TV own menu screen appear when push menu button on TV or its remote control?
- Does screen glow when power up TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No menu on screen it's completely black

No glow either
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paula for the info.

Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
Also, are you looking to repair this TV yourself or want diagnosis and cost on repair info?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have tried that so would like a diagnosis and repair cost
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Mostly this kind of problem occurs due to failure of Sustain boards mounted on left and right side of TV and usually X-Sustain board goes out (it also known as X-SUS or X-Main board), TV repairman will check supplied volts to both boards then will check any sort chip to determine what board is defective to get it replaced in TV and this repair may cost 100 to 120 Pounds from local TV repair shop.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.