Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung galaxy camera when I take a photo the view

Customer Question

I have a samsung galaxy camera when I take a photo the view icon on the bottom left will not let me look at any photos and it won't let me scroll through any stored photos. When I press the bottom left icon it says that there is not enough space, delete unnecessary items such as download software pictures videos and documents, there is only about 30 photos on the camera memory the memory card is new with nothing stored on it and there has been no extra software stored on the camera memory.could you please advise what to do,thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on camera?
- Also, have you tried to format the memory card in camera through camera menu format option?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Did you get my reply?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model no.ek gc100
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for model info.

- Have you tried to format the memory card in camera through camera menu format option and check?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You can format the memory card in camera through following steps..

On the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Storage > Format SD card > Format SD card > Erase everything.

Then take picture and check, does camera give any error?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have a blank sd in the camera even the photos in the camera memory won,t let me view as the same alert is coming up saying about not enough memory delete pictures and videos?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, it seems you need to delete at least one picture from camera internal memory to get rid of error message that wont allow to do any thing else.

Can you please delete one picture and check?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It won!t let me go into gallery to delete anything, the only way I can view picture s is to go through photo wizard and there is no delete option.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, if you touch and hold picture on screen, does it give delete option?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it just comes up saying edit image and select options, with no delete option I can only view a picture through photo wizard and not from the main taking a photo screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, can you connect camera to computer and access to internal memory to delete couple of picture files?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already connected camera to the computer and can veiw pictures and delete from the memory but the camera when disconnected will not let me delete or view pictures
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This is odd, camera does have 8GB internal memory which is quite enough to store hundreds of pictures.
Please take out memory card from camera then check if it now allows to do any thing like delete files from internal memory etc?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the memory card out and it still won' t let me veiw gallery or delete any photos
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Mark,

If camera connects with computer then go to picture folder and delete few more pictures to see if it helps.
It seems internal memory of camera has corrupted for some reason and it may need to be formatted through camera format option as mentioned in my previous reply or if possible to restore the camera to default settings.

Please reply back how it goes.