Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic plasma tv model TH-37PX80BA.There is a 50mm

I have a Panasonic plasma tv model TH-37PX80BA.There is a 50mm black bar which runs down the side of the picture.it is the same if I watch a DVD. It curtails the picture and any writing on the screen. It is only on one side.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought the tv in Dec 2008 and I have had the problem for about 3 months

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Brian for the info.
This kind of problem occurs due to failure of buffer board mounted on bottom of rear of display panel, need to replace the buffer board where the vertical black bar appears on screen that would hopefully resolve the problem.
Please check following image link of this TV taken from service manual where buffer boards (C1 & C2) are marked and any one would be defective and causing the problem in TV..

http://i.imgur.com/XGrl7oI.jpg

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you give me a rough estimate of cost for this type of repair

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

You can expect 110 to 140 Pounds repair cost from local TV repair shop.

Hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.