michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Our samsung UE40F6500SB model keeps flicking on and off with

Customer Question

Our samsung UE40F6500SB model keeps flicking on and off with SMART sign flashing for a split second, any ideas please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Customer:

let me know when you are ready.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : Ready
Customer:

what all connections you have on the tv

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : Scary lead pover lead sky lead
JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : That's scart
Customer:

unplug the power cable from the tv

Customer:

leave the tv unplugged for 3 mins

Customer:

there is a power button on the tv press and hold the power button for 30 seconds without connecting the power cable.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : done TV makes a clicking noise
Customer:

did you remove the power cable from the tv

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : yes
Customer:

Customer:

once this step is done re check all the cables attached to the tv must not have a loose contact.

Customer:

at the end connect the power cable and let me know the status of the tv flickering.

Customer:

you may have to unplug and replug all the communication cables to the tv to make sure they are connected and inserted to there respective ports correctly.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : Still clicking and flickering
Customer:

how old is the tv

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : all cables are firmly connected
Customer:

how old is the tv

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : nearly 6 months
Customer:

The tv has a power supply voltage problem are you using a power regulator or it connected directly to the wall socket

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : No no direct into wall
Customer:

okay

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : plug in direct now and no difference
JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : its sounds like a micro switch is not connecting at the back
Customer:

which micro switch

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : not sure that is the noise it is making
JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : I have unplugged the power lead again
Customer:

micro switchs are the small push buttons

Customer:

which one you are referring to.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : not sure I have not removed any cover at the back
Customer:

dont remove the cover it will void warranty

Customer:

as per the flickering and noise interference it looks like there is a problem with the power supply unit inside the tv

Customer:

A service call is required.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : ok will that mean returning to the supplier
Customer:

no i will provide you a number of Samsung call them and schedule a service call to get the unit replaced or repaired.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : do we still have to pay for your service
JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : Ok thanks do we pay for your service
Customer:

Sir we are a premium service provider and in case of hardware faults we cannot suggest a fix online so that is the reason i am providing you the company warranty service contact to get this fixed.

Customer:

I hope you understand.

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : ok can we have the number please I am sure we can claim it back as the equipment is under warranty
Customer:

sure will do provide you now give me a minute to pull the number

JACUSTOMER-yfhap90s- : ok
Customer:

Technical Phone Support

UK - 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
EIRE - 0818 717100
Overseas - +44 (0)1932 454358

0330 numbers cost the same as calling a landline.

Opening hours:
Monday - Saturday | 9am to 6pm
(including bank holidays)

Customer:

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below. If you have any question feel free to ask.

UK - 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)
EIRE - 0818 717100
Overseas - +44 (0)1932 454358

Opening hours:
Monday - Saturday | 9am to 6pm
(including bank holidays)