*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

how do I connect my dell pc to Panasonic plasma tv with hd

Customer Question

how do I connect my dell pc to Panasonic plasma tv with hdmi.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX will assist you.
Please follow these steps>
To connect the display using an HDMI connection (and HDMI cable):
  1. Shut down the computer. Turn off the monitor or TV.
  2. Connect an HDMI cable to the computer and to the display.
  3. Turn on the display, and select the HDMI input as the input source to view.
  4. Turn on the computer.
  5. Then to get sound>
    1. Right-click the Volume icon (white speaker) on the taskbar.
    2. Click Playback Devices .
      The Sound window opens.
    3. On the Playback tab, click one of the following, if present:
      • NVIDIA High Definition Audio
      • ATI High Definition Audio
      • Realtek HDMI Output
      Figure 4: NVIDIA HDMI Output selection
      Image of Playback tab with NVIDIA HDMI Output selection
      Figure 5: ATI HDMI Output selection
      Image of Playback tab with ATI HDMI Output selection
      Realtek HDMI Output selectionImage of Playback tab with Realtek HDMI Output selection
    4. Click Set Default .
    5. Click Apply .
    6. Click OK to close the window. This completes the steps to activate HDMI sound.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After clicking playback devices only speakers comes up , conexant had audio default device

If the TV has a "DVI/HDMI" port do not use it. Use a port for HDMI only.
Try this please>Go to Start>Control Panel>Sound>Playback tab. Make "HDMI" the default device. If "HDMI" is not there, right click in the white area and look under "Show Disconnected Devices" or "Show Disabled Devices" and see if it is there. (This applies only to Vista & 7.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is only speakers on the list as default nothing else
okay, sorry about that. Which operating system do you have on your Dell? xp, vista, 7, etc....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
If there is still no option to select "HDMI' as the default audio playback device, try re-installing or updating the graphics driver, or even try an older version. The graphics driver is the driver for HDMI audio, not the regular audio driver. A few people with Intel graphics had better results by uninstalling the graphics driver, rebooting, and letting Windows look for a driver (instead of downloading the driver from the Dell support site).

2. Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the HDMI cable.

3. If you are using Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center but get no HDMI audio even after it is selected as the default playback device, go to
Control Panel>Sound>Playback tab>Audio/Playback device>HDMI>properties>Advance>Exclusive Mode and uncheck "exclusive mode".

4. Try a different HDMI cable.

5. Try a different HDMI port on the TV.

If HDMI is missing from Sound in the Control Panel and there is no audio through HDMI, download and install the latest Intel video and IDT audio drivers from Support.Dell.com to resolve the issue.

Download and Install the Latest Audio Driver

To download and install the latest audio drivers, perform the following steps:

1. Click here to enter the Drivers and Downloads page.

2. Click on

Enter a Tag
    to use your service tag to find the driver, then click
    Go
    .

Note:
    If the Service Tag is not available, click on
    Select Model
    , select the appropriate Product Type and Product Model, then click
    Confirm
    .
  3. Select the operating system installed on your computer from the Operating System: dropdown box.

4. Select Audio from the Category: dropdown box.

5. Click the desired driver for your system displayed in the File Title(s) column to display the download page.

Note:
    If you have the information provided from the online System Information utility or your invoice, please refer to this for what drivers to download.

Review the information on the page and take note of Installation Instructions, and Important Information.
  6. Click Download. You may receive a warning and an option to run or save the file.

7. Click Save.

8. When the Save As window appears, designate a folder to save the file that is being downloaded and click Save. The download progress window displays.

9. When the download is complete, follow the instructions provided in the Installation Instructions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 7 , downloaded the new driver still only speakers on the sound playback list !also changed cable and port into tv
okay, when you right click in this box int he white arae do you see this option "Show Disabled Devices"?http://dsnimg.dell.com/images/external/images/Applications/Missing_HDMI_Sound_Control_Panel_Windows_7.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done that and nothing comes up
okay, you may have something like this, right click on your desktop home screen to access the NVIDIA Control Panel, A context menu will appear. Select NVIDIA Control Panel.

Image

This will bring up the NVIDIA Control Panel. On the left column, you will find the panel names which contain settings for your graphics card. Select the Change Resolution panel to show the HD mode your display is set to.

Image

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nvidia conrol panel is not on the list !
okay, what is the model number of your Dell?
Are you conneting directly to your Dell hdmi port or do you use an adapter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Directly and optiplex 3010
okay, try this through the control panel>
  1. StartControl PanelHardware and Sound
  2. In the Sound section, click Manage audio devices
    Control Panel: Manage Audio Devices

Control Panel: Manage Audio Devices

1. The Sound dialog is displayed. The computer speakers and headphone output is the default device as indicated by the check sign in the green circle.
    Control Panel: Sound set for PC Speakers

1. Click the Digital Output Device (HDMI) and click the Set Default button to change the default sound device to HDMI so we can hear the sound on the TV.
    Control Panel: HDMI Audio Output

Control Panel: HDMI Audio Output

1. Click Properties and the Advanced tab.
  2. Click Test. You should hear a melody played on the TV speakers.
    Control Panel: HDMI Audio Test

Control Panel: HDMI Audio Test

1. Click OK and go back to the Control Panel.
  2. In the Hardware and Sound section of the Control Panel, click Adjust System Volume. Verify the sound volume is at 100% for the Digital Device Output (HDMI). 100% is should be the default setting.

HDMI Output Sound Volume

1. Save your settings and exit the Control Panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but no hardware and sond in that conrol panel list !
The control panel menu should look like this> it may only list sound.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still cannot get the hdmi to play from computer to tv screen

Try this please, connect the HDMI cable and power on the tv and computer, make sure the tv input is set for the hdmi input that you are connected to and then on your computer Hold the windows key and press the letter P.