Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

have bravia kdl 40ex1 & wireless receiver...after 45 mins get

have bravia kdl 40ex1 & wireless receiver...after 45 mins get double images vertically on screen
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?
- Does the double image issue stay as long as TV is On or picture becomes OK after a while?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bought it 3 yrs ago for our 2nd home in france and sometimes had problem with dvds

now moved it here to uk and got it on analogue (sky) ...switched off and on and it was ok but i know it will be back when tv is on a while

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Antony for the info.

- Does the problem occur regardless of what input source being watched on the TV?
- While the double image popped in TV screen, push Menu/ Home button on TV remote control to get TV own menu graphics, do the menu graphics affected by double image or look normal?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok will have to wait for next time it happens...what if they are affected or normal ??

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sure, please take your time.

If TV's own menu graphics (generated inside) are affected then it would be display panel internal circuitry failure and entire display panel would need to be replaced but it would not be economical/ feasible repair as new display panel would cost more than new TV price if still available with Sony Parts in UK, sorry for this news.

If TV own menu displays normal then the problem could be video source or main processor board which start sending distorted video data after some time and this diagnosis can be verified by swapping the main board in TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.