Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi Shahid

Hi Shahid I have a Samsung LED TV model UE46B7020WW there are a series of very fine lines which cover the screen from the right hand side across to the left hand side of the screen, they are just noticeable at nine to ten feet viewing distance,the lines are thee millimetres apart, I bought the TV in 2005. regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Are these lines appear vertically or horizontally over the screen?
- Please push Menu button on TV or its remote control to get menu option screen on TV, are the lines over the menu graphics or behind?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lines are horizontal and appear to be over the graphics regards

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

ah OK, this isn't good, this symptom shows internal circuitry of display panel (the screen) failure and entire display panel (the screen) will be replaced to resolve the problem if the replacement display panel still available with Samsung UK, sorry for this news.

I would recommend a new TV instead of wasting money and time on this old unit.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective display panel replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.