michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Printhead loose missing or not installed correctly. I have

Printhead loose missing or not installed correctly. I have bought new inks and installed them, but still getting the same message. What do I do now? I don't know how to take out a printhead. I wouldn't want to - so I need help. Where to I take my printer to get it mendeded
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

please let me know the make and model of the printer

Customer:

Hi ***** is a Kodak 3.1 Service No 02H7751

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

please turn off printer and unplug power cord

michelleclive :

now please remove the cartrdiges and printhead

michelleclive :

the steps for the same are listed in below link for easier understanding

michelleclive :

clean the golden contacts on the cartridge and printhead with a cotton swab and alcohol

michelleclive :

once done reinsert cartrdige and printhead

michelleclive :

check what happens and let me know the status

Customer:

Hi to get at the ink cartridges I had to turn machine on again (for right position) extract cartridges with a new cotton bud I have cleaned golden contacts ( have no alcohol) I can see no marks on the cotton bud (so clean) The same message has come up.

michelleclive :

do you have anything like perfume or whisky to try instead of alcohol

Customer:

Hold on you said please remove the cartridges and PRINTHEAD I don't know how I will just have to try http:/support. I got perfume and no I have no whisky I drunk it all some time ago.

michelleclive :

please remove cartrdige and printhead

michelleclive :

with a cotton swab and perfume clean the golden contacts on both cartrdige and printhead

michelleclive :

then reinsert and check

Customer:

Hi I have used perfume and cleaned golden contact and replaced the new cartridges.

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

does it repeat the same error

Customer:

I have used perfume and cleaned the contacts but I have still got the same message

michelleclive :

how old is this printer

Customer:

I have used perfume to clean the contacts but I still have the same message come up

michelleclive :

how old is this printer

michelleclive :

is the printer within warranty cover

Customer:

Out of warranty cover I bought it 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

it seems that either a sensor has failed that detects the head or some component is failing

michelleclive :

the printer would need service in this case

Customer:

Ok so where do I take the printer? Do I take it to PC World? Would they organise a service?

michelleclive :

yes they can arrange for a service

michelleclive :

else you may call up kodak directly as well

michelleclive :

let me share their number

michelleclive :

give me a moment

michelleclive :

0870-2430270

michelleclive :

this is the UK toll free# ***** may call

michelleclive :

to get a service arranged

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any questions

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley below to rate if your question has been answered else let me know and i will assist further. Please understand that in case of hardware fault., i can diagnose the root cause and suggest from where service can be arranged but cannot make a bad part work again

Customer:

I have the 0870 number and I will phone see what they say and will then get back to you

michelleclive :

sure

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive :

you may click on a smiley below now

Customer:

Hi Well I phoned and I have got a free printhead on its way in the post

michelleclive :

oh thats great

Customer:

Thank you for your help today

michelleclive :

and good news

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley below if you are happy with my service

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Please rate the answer with a smiley below in case you were unable to during the chat session