michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I am having a new front door. The installers came today but

Customer Question

I am having a new front door. The installers came today but can't remove the door frame because of a bt junction box on the frame. can it be removed please. I have another junction box in the house.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 3 years ago.

michelleclive :

that is absolutely true. a 3rd party won't move the bt junction box

michelleclive :

the reason for the same is that it has internal wiring and if there is any damage, it will interrupt your bt services

michelleclive :

further, door installer would not be aware of the wiring circuits and how it needs to be moved

michelleclive :

my suggestion would be to get a lift and shift engineer visit arranged from BT

michelleclive :

this would be a chargeable visit

michelleclive :

you need to call at 0800800150 to get the same arranged

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any other questions

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley below if your question was answered; else let me know and i will assist further

JACUSTOMER-vr72jl4q- :

The door installers said I would need Open Reach to remove the junction box, can you arrange this? Do I need it? I beleive you may have been charging me for two lines, could that be the position?

michelleclive :

you will have to call at BT 0800800150 who would then arrange an openreach engineer visit

michelleclive :

they would come and remove junction box and relocate and install it at another point

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any more questions

michelleclive :

JACUSTOMER-vr72jl4q- :

I have arranged a visit by Open Reach. Thank you

michelleclive :

great..they will have the junction box shifted

michelleclive :

you may also get other wirings or extensions in the property changed once they visit

michelleclive :

michelleclive :

JACUSTOMER-vr72jl4q- :

The lady on the phone queried why I had given my card number to you as she said it is only asked for when work is done?

michelleclive :

the details on just answer must have been taken for your subscription with just answer

michelleclive :

so that from nowone whenever you use just answer you do not have to enter the details each time

JACUSTOMER-vr72jl4q- :

What is just answer?