michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I Have a Samsung SGH-U600 Mobile phone for some reason when

I Have a Samsung SGH-U600 Mobile phone
for some reason when i receive or make a call, i am unable to hear the other person, they are able to hear me, im guessing i have pressed a button by mistake
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

michelleclive :

Let me know when you are ready to chat.

Customer:

Ready anytime Michelle.

michelleclive :

alright

michelleclive :

you have the phone handy right now

Customer:

Yes

michelleclive :

check the volume button on the left hand side and increase the volume to to top

michelleclive :

that increase the phone volume and not the headset or when you are on call

michelleclive :

all you have to do is call on this phone from a different phone and receive the call.

michelleclive :

once you are on active call then you hit the volume up key few times to increase the call volume of the phone

michelleclive :

your incoming call volume is set to low that is why you are not able to hear the caller but the caller can hear you

michelleclive :

there are two different thing one is your phone volume which you can increase and decrease offline when you are not on call for example ringtone and audio however increasing the volume only work for incoming calls to hear is when you are on active call and then you can increase or decrease your listing volume.

michelleclive :

I hope i was able to make you understand how to do the steps.

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any question.

Customer:

I have just got a friend to call me, i tried turning up the volume button as you said, but this is already at its max (7) again i could not hear my friend but she heard me.

michelleclive :

that means its not a volume problem

michelleclive :

this is not a touch or an android phone is it,

Customer:

What i have now Michelle is i phoned my friend from the phone and i got no ringtone at all just like the line was dead, but my friend could still hear me.

michelleclive :

i think the phone has a firmware problem

michelleclive :

how old is it.

Customer:

should the key volume be set at the max as well. The phone is 7 years old

michelleclive :

use the up arrow when you are on call and check if that works

Customer:

No change when i do this. could i have changed a setting by mistake, i have been trying all sorts since this problem started yesterday lol

michelleclive :

you can try to set the phone to factory default and then try

michelleclive :

its not an android touch phone

michelleclive :

is that correct

michelleclive :

do you want me to give you the steps to do a hard reset

michelleclive :

all data will be lose in that case sms, phone list on the phone memory etc.

michelleclive :

are you there

Customer:

no its not a touch phone, its just a simple old phone. can i have a short time to jot down my data or would i have to do this now

michelleclive :

no you can back up your data and then try the combination steps i will give you now

michelleclive :

take your time

michelleclive :

when you have backed up your phone then you try this.

michelleclive :

Enter *2767*3855#

michelleclive :

remove you sim card before you enter the code that can save your sim contacts

michelleclive :

is there anything else i may assist you.

Customer:

I will give this a try. thank you

michelleclive :

If you feel that I have earned a favorable rating, please remember to rate my level of service. Please do not use a negative rating as i have provided you professional and truthful information.

Customer:

will do thanks Michelle

michelleclive :

Thank you for using our service.

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Feel free to ask if you have any question.