Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Thanks I am trying enable usb debugging on my Samsung Galaxy

I am trying enable usb debugging on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It is persistently greyed out under the development collection. I have tried persistently tapping the build number but is does not work.
I cannot find a usb icon under settings, to switch it to ask on connection as I suspect it is connected to Samsung Klies at the moment.
I would be grateful for your advice please.

Nick
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
You have to enable USB debugging before plugging your device in to the computer. Unplug device then try to enable USB debugging.
Try enabling USB debugging whilst the device is disconnected from the computer and let me know if that works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I managed to do it myself by pressing the build key 7 times and then the development key stopped being greyed out and I was able to do the USB debugging. I was then able to connect it to my pc as well as my iPhone and was able to download all the information to the Samsung Galaxy.

Nick

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nick,
Glad to hear you got it sorted!
If I can be of any further assistance just let me know.
Best,
Pete.