Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My daughter bought me a CELCUS SKU XXXXXXXXX sound bar.Is

My daughter bought me a CELCUS SKU XXXXXXXXX sound bar.Is it compatable with my Samsung UE46B6000V LED TV?.The sound bar only has a power lead & audio lead with a red & white jacks at either end.When I connect to the TV EXT(RGB) via the scart supplied with the TV, I cannot get any sound at all even after going into menu & selecting external speaker. If I try it through my Samsung DVD SH871M I can get good sound ,when I change channels the picture goes to the selected channel but the sound remains on the original channel. I am aware that the sound bar does not have Anynet+ facility.XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

Could you please confirm the model number of the Celcus soundbar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model no.on the Celcus sound bar is B-3368/125307858

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,
The TV EXT(RGB) adapter is for inputting video signals into the TV - it does not allow audio from the TV to be outputted to the Celcus soundbar, so it will not work using that connection.
The soundbar is designed for bluetooth connections, however it is also possible to input sound to the soundbar using RGB Outputs - for this, you would need to use the Optical Audio output (beside the USB port) and use a Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter to convert the signal for inputting to the soundbar.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I buy a Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter with Red &White jacks at one end and optical at the other ,if so I will get one tomorrow & try it. Will this mean that sound & picture change together?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Keith,

No, you will need to buy the converter, and then attach the cables to it. The price of a converter ranges from £10-£50. Here is what you need: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/390852025123

It will mean that for whatever picture is showing on the TV, the sound will be outputted to the soundbar (it's just like an extension of the TV's speakers).