Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Just bought a f 5500 smart tv put in a usb stick which cameonto

Customer Question

Just bought a f 5500 smart tv put in a usb stick which cameonto screen however cannot get rid of the files from usb stick
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you press the SOURCE button on the samsung remote, does that switch you to a different input and remove the usb file contents?

If you unplug the usb stick, and connect a different one, does the content list change?

Have you tried running a firmware update on the tv (from the settings menu)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried your options but when ever i go into the hub and scroll across to the last symbol on the screen then press select the movies from the old usb still come up on the screen i have deleted the ones from the usb stick via my laptop but still show up on the screen of my tv

How do i go about downloading firmware as i dont seem to b able to do that

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Firmware update (if available) should be an option within the setup menu. It will be called firmware, software, or network update.

If you don't see that, look for a Factory Reset, or Restore Defaults function in the menu and run that.

If you still can't find it, let me know the full model number of the tv.