*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

ive got a pioneer avic f900bt all working how do i wire a pioneer

Customer Question

ive got a pioneer avic f900bt all working how do i wire a pioneer camera ndbc6 to this so it comes on when i go in reverse thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Randy. I will assist you.

Connecting the SystemExtension lead(for speed signal)Violet/white (REVERSEGEAR SIGNAL INPUT)This is connected so that the navigation system can detectwhether the vehicle is moving forwards or backwards.Connect the violet/white lead to the lead whose voltagechanges when the shift lever is put in reverse. Unlessconnected, the sensor may not detect your vehicletravelling forward/backward properly, and thus the positionof your vehicle detected by the sensor may be misalignedfrom the actual position.NoteWhen you use a rear view camera, please makesure to connect this lead. Otherwise you cannotswitch to rear view camera picture.
CAUTION
Be sure to use only the supplied extension lead. Use of anotherlead could cause fire, smoke and/or damage this navigationsystem.Extension lead(for reverse signal)This connection is unnecessary forAVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F7010BT.5 m (16 ft. 5 in.)Check the position of your vehicle'sbackup light (the one that lights upwhen the shift lever is in reverse [R])and find the backup light lead in thetrunk.The navigation unitPower cordConnection methodClamp the backuplight lead.Clamp firmly withneedle-nosedpliers.Fuse resistorSectionBackuplight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive done that where do the wires go from the ndbc6

after you find the position of your vehicle's backup light (the one that lights upwhen the shift lever is in reverse [R])and find the backup light lead in the trunk, then connect the harness to the f900bt marked reverse input.