*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My HTC one is only showing a half of my icons in the home screen

My HTC one is only showing a half of my icons in the home screen the rest of the icons are there but to see them I have to scroll and when I lift my fingers it goes back to half again
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
, try rebooting and see if that helps solve the problem.

1. If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on. If you've set up a lock screen, you need to unlock it.
  2. Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.
  3. When asked to confirm, tap Restart.
  4. If that does not work try this next please>you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset or master reset). A factory reset reverts the phone back to its initial state — the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

The following will be removed from the phone when you do a factory reset:

5. Your Google Account
  6. All accounts you've added in Settings > Accounts & sync and the data associated with these accounts
  7. Personal data that you've created or synced to the phone such as your profile, contacts, messages, email, calendar events, and more
  8. System and application data and settings
  9. Downloaded apps

Files such as your music, photos, videos, and documents will also be deleted if you select the Erase all data option.

Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.

Note: A factory reset may not permanently erase all data from your phone, including personal information.
Turn on HTC Backup to do a daily backup of your content over Wi-Fi. You can turn it on by selecting Back up phone dailywhile doing the on-device setup, or enable it in Settings.
Note: Turning on HTC Backup will disable backup of settings to Google servers.
  1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap .
  2. Tap Backup & reset.
  3. Tap the Backup On/Off switch.
  4. Choose HTC Account as your backup account, and sign in to your account.
    Note:
    • You can sign in with your HTC Account or Facebook account.
    • If you're already signed into your Google Account, tap it to change your backup account to your HTC Account.
  5. Sign in to Dropbox, if you haven't done so.
Once your phone has finished backing up, you'll see the last backup date and time under Backup history.

To manually start a backup, tap Back up now under Backup history.

Restoring content to your phone

If you used HTC Backup to back up HTC One, you can restore your content after a factory reset, or to a new HTC phone over Wi-Fi.
  1. Turn on your phone, choose to restore content, and then select Restore from HTC Backup on the Set up phone screen.
  2. Sign in using your HTC Account or Facebook, depending on which account you used to back up your phone before.
  3. Sign in to Dropbox, and choose to allow HTC Backup to access Dropbox. Your backup history will then be displayed.
  4. Select a backup, and then tap Next.
  5. Wait for your accounts and settings to be restored.
  6. Tap OK to continue restoring your previously installed app

Performing a factory reset from settings

2. Tap Backup & reset.
  3. Tap Reset phone.
  4. If you also want to delete media and other data on HTC One, select Erase all data.
  5. Tap OK.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.