Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a problem with my Kuro KRP 500A. The tvs control box

I have a problem with my Kuro KRP 500A. The tv's control box will not stay in the "on" (blue) setting but switches to "standby" as soon as you press the button, which means no picture comes on the screen. I've tried turning everything off and back on, and I've checked all the connecting leads. Please can you help? Thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

If the box is stuck in standby and will not turn on, then it likely has an internal fault with the power supply circuitry.

It will need to be tested to diagnose which part has failed, and then it can be repaired.

A local electronics or TV repair shop can carry out this repair for you if the TV is no longer under warranty.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi David,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.