Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung TV LE32B450C4W does not now respond to remote control

Samsung TV LE32B450C4W does not now respond to remote control zapper. Will operate from manual side switches but not BBC1. Batteries changed, wires and connections all ok.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Just to be clear, TV does not work through its remote control but the control buttons on TV work, is this correct?
- Do you have another Samsung TV remote to try it on the TV or another Samsung TV in house to check the remote on that TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ist Question - yes 2nd question - no

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Do you have digital or cell phone camera to check the infrared signals output of TV remote control?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, if you can get a cellphone camera then it would be very easy to narrow down the problem like it is defective remote control or remote sensor in TV causing the problem.
While looking at remote front tip through camera, push few buttons on remote control, if you see white flashing light (infrared) through camera then remote control is working and problem would be bad remote sensor inside TV which is mounted on small circuit board, swap it to resolve the problem.
If no white flashing light seen on remote tip through camera then remote is bad and a new remote would help to resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.