*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Hi Ive got an Ipad 2 which Ive had for nearly 2 years and just

Hi Ive got an Ipad 2 which Ive had for nearly 2 years and just recently it has started to freeze then switch off. I have to press the on and home buttons together to get it back on. It tends to have to be left for a while before I can use it again. Is it overheating or something.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This could be a glitch in the software or an issue with an app.

Try a factory reset to rule out this being software or app content related.

If you're using iCloud, it can automatically back up your data if you've chosen this option. You can verify your iCloud backup and make sure that it's up to date by following these steps:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
    iCloud backup settings
  2. Turn on iCloud Backup if it's off.
  3. Tap Back Up Now.
  4. you can erase all current content to go through the iOS Setup Assistant again. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Do this only if you already have a backup, because this step will remove all current content from your device.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm afraid that hasn't worked. I managed to backup to iCloud then did the erase all content and setting but when I was setting up the iPad it froze and turned off again and has now done it three times. It is slightly warm at the back could this possibly be an overheating issue?
Okay, unfortunately this sounds like it is an hardware fault. A new battery may correct the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help I would assume I need to take it to an Apple store to get the repair/ battery replacement done?
Yes, Apple or electronic shop well be the best option.