Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi, I have a 55” F9000 Series 9 Smart 3D UHD 4K LED TV. Since

Hi, I have a 55” F9000 Series 9 Smart 3D UHD 4K LED TV. Since a few days it doesn't switch on any more. It goes into a loop such that the image appears for a second and then disappear for a a minute or so, over and over again. Any idea of what happened? Thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and was there any storm in area that might caused this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shahid, thanks for getting back. Not to my knowledge, no storm. What happens is that the TV doesn't respond to the remote. I switch it on, and the image pops up, but it then disappear again, in a loop which goes on and on. While this happens the TV doesn't respond at all, if I try to switch it off the TV continues in it's loop. Occasionally, after 10-15min, the TV does finally start! it's totally random.To add, the TV is about 10 months old. Also, once the TV is in this loop, I can't switch it off, neither with the remote nor using the button on the TV. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it seems main processor board is failing in TV as main controller chip boot up, resets and again boot up for some internal reasons that you get as on - off loop, main board of TV would need to be replaced to resolve the problem.

Since TV is around 10 months old so I hope it would still be under warranty period so please call the store or Samsung to get main board replaced under warranty that won't cost your money and if TV is out of warranty then it would cost you good money.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.