michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

how can I improve the keyboard performance on my hudl? it frequently

how can I improve the keyboard performance on my hudl? it frequently has different letters or the space bar going dead on me.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

michelleclive :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

michelleclive :

let me know when you are ready.

michelleclive :

what is the make and model number of the computer

Customer:

my computer is dell inspiron laptop and model number is454502 but my query is about my hudl keyboard being so unreliable

michelleclive :

how old is the keyboard

Customer:

hudl bought xmas 2013

michelleclive :

do the keys type wrong characters or no characters

Customer:

no characters

michelleclive :

and do certain keysfreeze up or entire keyboard

Customer:

a mostly and the space bar and other letters occasionally

michelleclive :

as you got it last xmas so must be within warranty cover

michelleclive :

by any chance do you have any model# ***** for the keyboard so that i may check further

Customer:

I took it back to the shop once and they said too many widgets? Sorry very little technical information came with hudl

michelleclive :

no worries

michelleclive :

there are only 2 possible reasons for this fault

michelleclive :

1. there are too many widgets as well as apps running which is causing the software to freeze at times due to which it may seem that keyboard is not working

michelleclive :

2. its the keyboards membrane that is faulty or has acquired dust or lost contact causing the problem

michelleclive :

the solution would be to first try running the hudl on minimum apps and widgets..if the keyboard works fine, then it seems that the you are running far too many apps than the hudl can easily handle

michelleclive :

if even with minimal apps and widgets you observe that the problem repeats then it would be best to get the keyboard serviced. as its within a year's time of purchase it would be within warranty and would be eligible for a free service

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any questions

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face to rate the service if your question has been answered else let me know and i will assist further

Customer:

how do I get rid of widgets I can uninstall apps using easy uninstall

michelleclive :

you can simply remove the widgets

michelleclive :

1. Open "Settings" and go to "Application Manager" (On some devices, Apps)

2. Go to "All" tabs and tap the Widget to uninstall

3. Hit "Uninstall" and confirm the process

Customer:

done it on 3 widgets that came under apps

michelleclive :

ok great

michelleclive :

i would suggest to remove few apps maybe the ones you rarely use and then observe it for a day or 2 and check if it still freezes

michelleclive :

if it does then the problem seems to be with the keyboard itself and in that case you may contact the store and get a serviec arranged

Customer:

ok thank you

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any other questions

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face below to provide a rating if your question was answered; else let me know and i will assist further

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer

michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.