*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a ZTE Blade 3 phone which has started freezing when

I have a ZTE Blade 3 phone which has started freezing when I'm texting. The only way to unlock it is to turn it off and on again but as soon as I start texting again it freezes again - please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

A soft reset is a useful tool to use if the ZTE Blade 3 were to lock up or become unresponsive. Much like rebooting a computer, the soft reset will restart the handset without deleting any data stored in either the main memory or my storage. This reset action retains all of your handset’s default parameters and settings.

To reset ZTE Blade 3 follow the steps below:

1. Pull up on the area indicated by the arrow (1) then pull the battery cover up and off (2), as shown below
2. Carefully insert a thin blunt object (such as a stylus) into the reset slot, located on the lower left side, below the OK button
3. This action will exit the current screen and cycle power to the handset

Method 2. Hard Reset

To perform a hard reset of the ZTE Blade 3 follow the steps below:

3. Immediately after pressing the reset slot, press the following keys TOGETHER, SEND key, END key and LOCK key at the same time
Note: The buttons must be pressed exactly at the same time
4. Touch Yes to confirm formatting the handset.
NOTE: Perfoming a hard reset will delete ALL personal data and information (contacts, applications, widgets) from the ZTE Blade 3 and restore it to default factory settings.

You can reset the handset’s default settings and clear all data/applications from ZTE Blade 3’s internal memory by using the Clear Data option. This option resets the handset to its factory default settings, ends all applications currently running, and permanently removes all data (pictures/videos/contacts) from the handset.
Note: Although this action wipes all information and settings from the ZTE Blade 3 (Omnia II), you can circumvent the deletion of important data by storing it on a removable microSD memory card prior to performing the hard reset.

To clear ZTE Blade 3 all data follow the steps below:

1. From the home screen, touch Start
2. Touch Settings
3. From the Basic Settings tab, scroll to the bottom then touch Memory Settings
4. Touch Clear All Data
5. Touch Clear All Data
6. Touch Yes to permanently erase all data and reset settings to the factory defaults
7. Enter the device lock code (last four digits of your phone number), then touch Done
8. Touch Yes to confirm permanently erasing all data and resetting settings to the factory defaults (This process will take few minutes to perform, Do not touch any other buttons or remove the battery during this process)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice but I'm having a little trouble following the steps. I'd like to try the reset initially and have taken the back off of it but can't find an ok button or reset slot :-/

Okay, sorry about that, some of the ZTE Models do not have the reset. Try this pplease, remove the battery, then hold the power button for 30 seconds. This will soft reset the device.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again I'm sorry but his doesn't seem to have worked so I guess I have to try the hard reset - Could you verify the procedure for this please (bearing in mind we now know I have a different model) Also could you tel me if and when the handset should be switched on or off. The issue of losing data won't affect my contacts that are saved to my SIM would it?

Thank you so much

Sorry for the delay. The hard reset willl not effect your contacts that are on your sim card.
1. Turn the phone off.
2. Hold Volume UP key and Power key to enter into recovery mode.
3. Select Factory reset / wipe data with volume down.
4. Confirm: Home key