Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Denon CD Receiver UD-M30. It is showing and flashing

I have a Denon CD Receiver UD-M30. It is showing and flashing 'protect'. Can you advise the problem and how to restore?
Thanks,
Gareth Wynn-Jones.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the player and how long it have had the problem?
- Please unplug player power cord from wall socket, disconnect speakers from player, replug power cord and checm does it still give 'protect' message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not certain how old as I bought it 3years ago and had no trouble with it.
Tried disconnecting power ans speakers but no effect.
Gareth
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Gareth for the info.

'protect' display appears when player got problem with output amplifier section and common causes are either shorted out amplifier chip or shorted speaker or its wires.
Disconnection of speakers did not help that means it would be internal failure and amplifier output chip (big IC) which is mounted on big aluminum heat sink is defective and need to be replaced that would resolve the problem, chip number would be STK405-050
This kind of work should be done by handy person because the player will take apart in details and soldering work with proper tools and expertise is required for amplifier chip replacement.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective part replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I will seek out a Denon hi fi repair on Merseyside if one exists otherwise........... I will advise the information you have provided.
Appreciated.
Gareth Wynn -Jones.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Gareth,
I wish I had better news about this player.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.