KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

Panasonic TX-p42s30b plasma TV turned itself off while viewing

Panasonic TX-p42s30b plasma TV turned itself off while viewing and now won't turn on. Green LED just flashes 6 times then stays solid. No picture, no nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Bought Sept 2011

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, are you looking to repair this yourself ?

Customer:

Unlikely, unless it's as simple as removing a card and replacing. Incompetent at soldering.

Customer:

Apologies, I have to go out for 30 mins, or so. My first time on JA, should have planned better. Hope to continue this shortly

KevinWhiteJA :

No problem...let me know when you are back...6 blinks error on your Panasonic Plasma indicates a problem with either the SC or SU/SD Board...if you are looking to repair this yourself, you will have to unplug the unit, leave it unplugged for few minutes for power to discharge and then take the back off, remove all the connectors between these boards....connect them back, the problem might be solved, if it returns then you will have to get these boards checked...replacement of any of these will cause around £180 unless you get them from ebay at a lower price

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Hi Kevin. thanks for that. Do I have to take the entire back off or is it in sections? Will I be able to tell which board is which?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes the entire back comes off

KevinWhiteJA :

Usually the problem is with the SC board

KevinWhiteJA :

but as I said you will have to check all of them

Customer:

Thanks, Kevin