info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

I have a Panasonic viera tx-p42g20b. When I turn it on at the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic viera tx-p42g20b. When I turn it on at the tele it makes the usual power up sound but I get no picture. The green light flashes for about 10s and then remains on constant. I cannot use the remote to power down the tele to standby. Any ideas?
Ben
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

The light does NOT blink red at any time please?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up or not please?

Thanks let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

The light only blinks green and no screen appears when I press anything on the remote including the menu button.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
HI Ben

Ben the mainboard has packed up, the set is not reporting an error and has crashed because the firmware controlling the mainboard is bad, the mainboard will now need to be replaced.
If you have any warranty with the set I strongly recommend you use that.
If not and think you can do work yourself with the set let me know I will provide more details.
If you need a tech you can locate a tech in your area by using this web address www.tvrepairpros.com

Let me know if you need more info
Sorry this isnt anything easier

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Anthony.

I think I will change the board myself. I work on boilers etc so a pcb can't be too difficult.

Could you point me in the direction of a good website to get one and also an idea where I might find a part number.

This would be much appreciated and I will certainly rate you excellent. Thanks again. Ben

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ben

Ben please reboot the set though before we move on by unplugging from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging the set back in again if its still the same, you will need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, the partnumber will be found on a sticky labell or etched on the board, go to www.shopjimmy.com first, if not google the partnumber.

It just unplugs and unscrews from the chassi reverse to fit plug and play

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony