info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician
18621325

I have an Samsung UE55F6670 Smart 3d TV and all the channels

I have an Samsung UE55F6670 Smart 3d TV and all the channels are fine except with BBC HD the picture is perfect but is the only chanel that has no sound can you hel?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cable\aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am viewing from my virginmedia box via HDMI cable connected to Port HDMI 1 STB (External Cable Box)

As previously stated every other HD Chanel picture and sound is fine it's just BBC 1 HD that there's the problem

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi George

I understand

George you will need to reboot the box by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in again let me know if that changes the situation

Because of the way the site works I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or we reach a conclusion if not please dont rate but press the reply to expert tab and I will continue to help

Many Thanks
Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This action has not resolved the problem. As an aside, This problem has been with me for the last week since I received the TV and I always turn off all the electrical plugs before going to bed each evening, so doing what you asked I new in my heart of hearts would not work.

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi George

I see if you switch the cable box\tv off at the wall too I agree.

So the set is brand new and its only happened since you got the new set another set before this was OK with that box?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is correct, My previous TV did not have this problem so I think we can rule out the virgin side of things. I really can't understand with such a perfect picture I'm not getting any sound?

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi George

Theirs a feature called SAP (secondary audio programming) please go into the audio settings in the menu of the TV and make sure this is switched OFF, if you cant find it in the audio settings please try the main settings if you cant find this feature at all let me know.

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I am unable to find the option/Feature called SAP in the Sound menu.

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK just give me 5 mins I will have a look

Please reply with OK

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK.

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi George

Unfortunately the paper op manual is incomplete thats because it has an emanual on board the set so I am not going to find that out about SAP.

You need to press emanual on the remote and look under audio settings or in the settings menu have you done that please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the inboard manual open and there in nothing about SAP. Using just the TVs speakers does not leave much else to work with. The Digital Audio Out is PCM and that is the only choice the others are greyed out.

Sound Mode is standard. I have tried the others, Music, Movie, Clear Voice and Amplify.

DTSTruSurround is on. I've tried off

DTSTruDialog is on. I've tried it off.

Not much else I can say
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

George have you tried swapping the HDMI lead?the lead must be the latest lead at 1.4 their are different leads for HDMI and some sets wont work properly unless its this high speed lead

Their is no rhyme or reason why BBC HD should not have sound if the others have it OK, I have come across this problem before with someone else recently and he said he was on the wrong channel for BBC HD?he said he swapped to another channel he was unaware of and the sound came back on with of course HD BBC1

Let me know if you can spot BBC HD somewhere else

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will buy a new HDMI lead and see if that works. Thank you for your input in this but I will leave it for the time being and see if a change of cable does the trick

George
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi George

Yes I understand
Their is also a firmware update for the set at samsungs site under support but I doubt if you will get involved with that may be worth checking though that you have the latest firmware installed on the set

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have sorted it out at last.

I want into The Home button on the virgin remote an on the screen of the virgin box and went to the settings menu

Press HOME >Go to your Settings then select Change Display & audio > and half way down you will have HDMi Audio. Mine was set to Dolby, I changed it to Stereo and it works... phew!!!!

George

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Great news!

So it was virgin box after all, this is the problem your other set worked which must have been in a different mode, yes it can get complex

Have a great day

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Electronics technician