Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My bluray disk player BDP7500 mk2 Wont display the home

My bluray disk player BDP7500 mk2
Won't display the home menu, all I get is the Phillips logo.
There is no disk inside.

Please can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What type of connector cable used to connect this bluray to TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hdmi, I know I didnt need it, but I got an expensive lead

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
So bluray was working fine with this TV through HDMI cable and recently lost the picture, is this correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.well no when i start up the blueray player, I just get a phillips logo, I used to get a menu screen that allowed me to update the machine, watch through a usb etc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I get a picture, but its just of the phillips logo.

I used to get a menu that allowed me to update the firmware, play a dvd, or use a usb etc, now I dont get any of that

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jeff,

Please unplug TV and bluray player power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn both units On and check.

If bluray picture still disappears after Philips logo screen then grab the bluray player remote and press Home-7-3-1 buttons on remote control.

Please reply back does it help to bring bluray picture on TV?

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, no Ive tried that and Im still getting the blue phillips logo, it doesnt dissapear it stays there

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
oh, you mean Philips logo screen doesn't go away and stays there all the time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it just stays there.

if i press the on/off button, the machine goes off, then when I press it again, i get the same logo

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it just stays there, if i press the on/off button, it restarts then does the same thing

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Jeff,

It seems bluray firmware has corrupted and possibly it would be due to hardware failure (EEPROM chip) so it doesn't boot up fully to give you control menu options that should appear after logo screen, sorry for his news.
Main processor board of blurya player need to be replaced to resolve this problem as this board isn't suppose to be repaired on component level nor manufacturer provides individual parts to do such repair.
Main board replacement would cost more than new bluray player price so you would be better off with a new player instead of investing money and time on this unit, there are different brands bluray player available that cost 50 to 90 Pounds, please check following links for price info...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/33013015/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CTechnology%7C33006169/c_2/2%7C33006169%7CDVD+players,+Blu+ray+players+and+Home+Cinema%7C33008439/c_3/3%7Ccat_33008439%7CBlu+ray+players%7C33013015.htm

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/dvd-blu-ray-home-cinema/blu-ray-dvd-players/blu-ray-players/303_3016_30016_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive only used it about 4 times, in the space of two years

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry for that loss Jeff, electronic parts go bad in no time without any warning, if it was under warranty then you could claim its repair under warranty from Philips.
And if it is out of warranty then the repair from nearest Philips service center would cost you more than new player purchase.

I hope these info will help you to make decision about this player repair. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Shahid.