carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My DMC-TZ15 keeps coming up with message "PLEASE TURN CAMERA

My DMC-TZ15 keeps coming up with message "PLEASE TURN CAMERA OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN". So I do this, get picture on the monitor for a few seconds, then the same message appears again. Camera has previous to this had trouble focusing, also lens staying extended even when camera was switched off.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question.

Many Camera faults are caused by dust and grit getting into the lens workings and stopping it coming out or stopping sensors working out where the lens is.

Sometimes tapping the camera into your hand when turning the camera on or off can help with freeing stuck lenses.

If you have access to some air in a can or air compressor you could try gently blowing some air around the lens to see if that will help.

There is some good information here on camera repair.

http://camerarepair.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/fixing-lens-error-on-digital-camera.html

If you need a camera repairer this company seems to repair most cameras.

www.camerarepairworkshop.co.uk

Customer:

Thanks Carl. I don't have access to compressed air, but tried tapping the camera as you suggested

Customer:

Thanks Carl. Have no access to compressed air, tried tapping camera as you suggested ,, it seemed to work for a few seconds, then went back to its previous behaviour.

carlday1 :

I am sorry to hear it has not worked it could be a number of things, the smallest piece of grit will cause the lens to jam. You could try a small brush like a paint brush or toothbrush around the lens to see if you can free any dirt. The camera might need stripping and cleaning which is a fiddly job to do.

Customer:

Thanks for your help, Carl. If this doesn't work, it will have to wait until I get back to Australia in a few weeks (we are travelling, and spending no more than a few days in any one place).