*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have 26inch Hitachi colour T.V which is about 3 years old.Over

Customer Question

I have 26inch Hitachi colour T.V which is about 3 years old.Over the last few months there has been a problem concerning the sound.After being on for about 3 hours, the sound goes off.I switch off the set, leave it off a few minutes then switch on again.Sound has returned.I had it looked at by a T.V. repair shop but they had no problems with it over a period of 2 weeks.The problem continued but in the last couple of days, the T.V sound goes off after about 45 minutes, again I switch off, leave for a while again then sound returns.The only thing now it switches off every 10minutes or so.I am reluctant to get back to the repair shop again, only to find the same result.Have you ever come across this fault before/
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This sounds like a fault with your set top box. What is the brand and model of your box?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have a set top box

okay, do you have cable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I do not have cable

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry is that it?

okay, what do you use for the incoming signal on the tv?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh dear I am out of my depth now,I have no idea about such things.When you asked about cable, did you mean Cable T.V. I just have normal cables attached to T.V.

Yes, I was referring to whatever you use to get your programs and channels on your tv.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry, I am a stupid woman.I think I had better leave it.I didn't know there was a different way of getting T.V RECEPTION, I have never had any problems before.Thank you for your trouble.

Laughing
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I receive my T.V. from an aerial on the roof.Does this help at all/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have spoken to someone who has more knowledge than I. that I receive my t.v. from freeview does that make sense/

yes, thank you. That is the info I needed. This sounds like the input board where the freeview antenna cable connects is going bad. The input board can be replace.
57.JPG" alt=""/>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for that, but wouldn't it affect the picture too?

No, the audio has different components on the board. There ia a component that sends the audio signal to the speakers that is seperate from the picture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I am very much obliged to you.Thank you so much very excellent service

Your welcome!
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you very much!