carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Panasonic S4 PM500DB radio bad reception dont know what way

Customer Question

Panasonic S4 PM500DB radio bad reception don't know what way to ariel
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your radio, the wire aerials that come as standard are only effective when you have a strong radio signal.

Electrical items in the home will affect the signal quality so if possible try and keep the aerial as far away fro other electrical items as possible, especially mobile phones, cordless phones and microwaves.

carlday1 :

If you have any wire available you could extend the length of the aerial use some wire of similar thickness or you could try something like this to help with receiving the signal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/321439712100?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

If you have a house radio aerial you could connect the radio to that, you would need some coax cable with a connector on and then, connect the wire from the radio to the inner core of the coax and if the radio has an earth screw you could connect the braid of the coax to that if not you would need to cut the braid back so that it does not cause a short on the inner core.