Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have had my Toshiba 8.1 a few days and would like to reset

Customer Question

I have had my Toshiba 8.1 a few days and would like to reset options and password ***** start as if I had opened it for the first time
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 3 years ago.

Hello Gary! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following in order to reset the computer fresh:

1. Turn off the laptop.
  2. Turn on the laptop - IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key on the keyboard until the "Boot Menu" screen appears.
  3. Using the arrow keys, select and press "Enter".
  4. On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select "Yes".
  5. The computer will bring you to the Advanced startup screen.
  6. Select Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot you will see “Refresh” and “Reset”. use the reset option.
    (If prompted, select the "Just remove files" option.)

If that does not work, please try this:

1. Turn off the laptop. Then turn it back on, but do not log in the computer, i.e., do not enter the password.
  2. At the login / password ***** press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  3. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  4. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  5. When prompted, click on the troubleshoot / reset... option.

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,