carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

technics sx-EA5. main power is ON BUT the power to the keyboards

technics sx-EA5. main power is ON BUT the power to the keyboards does not now work??
Is there afuse problem or a more technical problem?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adam,
Thank you for your reply, BUT it was not what I was expecting. I was advised to get information from You Tube and was expecting a positive result to my question, but it seems that once again I appear to have made an error which has cost me money which I can ill afford, as an 80 yr old pensioner.

I AM prepared to wait but HOW LONG? Playing the organ is my hobby in my retirement, so PLEASE I would very much appreciate your getting some expert who knows the technicalities of the TECHNICS sx-EA5 and letting me know as soon as possible. I cannot afford a new organ.

Thank you in anticipation

Regards, Ray
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

7th July 2014

Hello Adam,

Having paid a subscription of £22.00, WHAT and how long a time is there before someone is going to supply an answer????????

I presume you are based in the USA, and there should be enough whizz kids in USA available to answer what should be a reasonable request.

Please make further efforts to obtain a result.

YOU have made requests for people like myself to promote your company, but how can I honestly do so if I do not get any satisfaction?

Regards Ray

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

I am sorry but I am not familiar with the technics sx-EA5 but I will try and help as best I can as you have been waiting several days for an expert. I do have the service manual and I have had a good look at it and the organ does have 2 fuses inside, you would need to disassembly the organ to get at them I am afraid, also fuses tend not to blow unless there is a fault so it is likely that there is another faulty with the power supply or main board in the organ.

I can upload the service manual if you wanted to tackle taking the organ to pieces as it does have a step by step guide on dismantling it.

This website is to an expert repairer in the UK he only repairs musical instruments he does get very busy but I am sure he will be able to help.

http://www.mikebarden.com/

I hope helps

Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply and what confirms my thoughts about there being fuses somewhere within the organ. You said that you have the service manual, Is it possible that I would be able to obtain one, or just diagrams of where to find the fuse boxes.?

I do have an Owners Manual, but whilst it gives comprehensive details of operating the organ, there is no information about problems such as I am experiencing.

You mentioned uploading the service manual, if so, I would be very grateful, and of course you would have the excellent top marks from myself as you have done such a good job finding out what the possible problem may be. OKJ!!

Very Kind Regards

Sincerely

Ray

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray,

I have uploaded the service manual to here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/technics_sx-ea5_sm.pdf

If you have any problems downloading it let me know if it not the greatest copy in the world as it is scanned from an original but it is useable.

Carl
carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Electronic Engineer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Carl,

Thank you for what you have done for me, I did a download on the site you gave, unfortunately, the download did not seem to give the necessary details of how to open the file. I have had some problems with my computer, so maybe that has caused the fact of not opening the file.

Anyway, I feel that as you seem to have put so much effort into trying to resolve my sx-EA5 problem, you deserve what I promised, and that is excellent.

Kind regards ***** ***** and good wishes

Ray.

.