Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience. Current Company Owner as an IT Specialist in FL.
27991594

I have a Nikon Coolpix p510 camera. Occasionally, after a

Customer Question

I have a Nikon Coolpix p510 camera. Occasionally, after a a bit of use, the screen does not operate when it is switched on. I have to switch off again and it usually works second time round but it all takes time and is very frustrating. Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a fee based Question and Answer Company. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

When the screen doesn't come on, can you still take pictures as if everything else is working ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. The camera is effectively dead. I must switch it off to "reboot" it.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Alright, that rules out a flaky LCD Backlight Inverter leaving the Main Board or possibly the battery terminals. Check the Battery Terminals for any corrosion and clean them with a pensil eraser. If that doesn't fix it, let me know how long you've owned the P510 for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 4 batteries and it makes no difference which one I use. I have had the camera for 2 years.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Not the batteries themselves my friend, the battery contacts inside the camera is what we need to check and clean to rule out an intermittent power connection issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The contacts within the camera appear to be clean. Unfortunately it takes a bit of continuous use before it starts playing up so it is hard to tell if it is resolved.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Ok, try it out for a little while and let me know how it turns out.