Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Recently I was contacted by somebody purporting to be from

Recently I was contacted by somebody purporting to be from aolserver in the US. The telephone number is *****(###) ###-#### His name Sam Matthew.
It was a cold call and he said aol had observed that my system had been compromised and viruses inserted that would not be visible to my virus check.
I have had problems before with cold calls supposedly coming from Windows where the claim was that my computer had been targeted. I simply hang up on those. But coming from aol is something new.

Is this a genuine call? Or is it a telephone scam?

*****@******.***
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
If that was the phone number it showed it was legitimate as that is AOL's contact number see here: Click Here

To be safe though rather than talking to them you would want to resolve this yourself.
They most likely meant it looks like your account has been phished: Click Here

Immediately change your email password, security questions, and if you have a secondary email account associated with it change that as well.
The compromise is usually because a spammer got that information and is using your account with a bot program to send out spam, changing this info will stop it.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your AOL service.
.