carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Grundig Satellit 700 - works for a few seconds after switch

Customer Question

Grundig Satellit 700 - works for a few seconds after switch on then nothing heard. All microprocessor / lcd indicators and frequency displays OK. Audio stages OK.
Seems like oscillator failure as I hear audio if I probe IF stages with a sig gen.

Suggestions where to look? Faulty caps?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Happy to wait until the end of this week, but will request a refund if an expert / answer cannot be found.

Regards,

Steve

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with you question.

I have had a similar problem with an old radio and the fault was caused by the VCO trimmer capacitors.

I would suggest you try cleaning the trimmer caps with some spray and see if that brings back the audio, if not I would look into replacing them.

I have uploaded the service manual to here as you will need it if you replace the capacitors to set them back up correctly.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/grundig.pdf

I hope this helps

Carl