Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My JVC television out every couple of minutes and then

Customer Question

My JVC television blanks out every couple of minutes and then reloads, version 4.11 and restarts. When this happened a few months ago, dealer reset engineering codes and problem was resolved. Can I rest the codes (how). Is there a more fundamental problem; dealer is not surprised by problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- Does the problem occur while watching different video devices (DVD player, satellite box etc) or happens with any specific device?
- Is the TV connected to satellite/ cable box or Ariel wire directly plugs in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model LT-26DE1BJ
Nothing is plugged in to TV and signal is freeview from external aerial
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a DVD player to connect to this TV as a test to see if it stays On or goes Off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Plugged one in and it has not blanked out yet; has certainly lasted longer than when in Tv mode
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, its a good sign, have you tried to retune the channels in TV?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried retuning channels but does not help
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

How old is this TV and how long it have had this problem?
Does TV shut Off and restart or just the picture goes out but sound stays?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tv purchased november 2010.
Problem first occurred march 2014. Has been Ok since fixed by dealer then occurred again last thursday and has been faulty since then.
TV shuts off completely, sound and picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
This is odd, I checked the TV service manual and it has no information about this problem except to reset TV to default settings.

I'll opt out to open the question to other's input on this problem, I hope some one will soon respond you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just tried restoring to default settings. Looks hopeful so far. Could spike or glitch in signal or power supply have upset things?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Glad to know that default settings worked to resolve the problem. Spikes in voltage supply and/or weak signal can be one of reasons for this problem and another reason could be faulty/ failing capacitors in power supply board of TV that make insufficient/ unstable voltage supply to the main board of TV and it needs visual check of power supply board to see swollen, top puffed/ bulged capacitors to get them replaced.

I would suggest to check Ariel wire at the Ariel and at the pin that plugs in TV to make sure TV is getting strong signals of local broadcasting.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome,

Have nice time!