carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

How do you re-format the Disc on a TVonics DTR-Hv250.Mine

Customer Question

How do you re-format the Disc on a TVonics DTR-Hv250.Mine was installed 2012 Under the Government Disabled Scheme. This is the first trime I have had any trouble. The instruction book lists it on page 30 under DTR Settings but does not work.
Maurice Hayes York
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Maurice,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Unfortunately I think the hard drive in your box might be failing and that is why you cannot reformat it.

Have you tried resetting the box?

I would try and reset the box first if that does not help, I would then suggest trying to format the drive again if it still does not work, I can talk upgrading the firmware on the box to see if that will solve your problems, to upgrade the firmware you will need a usb flash drive.

Carl
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I have decided to buy a new Box. I have now done s you said, which is in the manual. Either way I will loose all my recordings Thanks

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry but you would lose all your recordings, and I do feel it is the hard drive that is failing.

If you need any advise on a new box please feel free to ask.