carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi, I have a Garmin Nuvi 1390. When driving to London recently

Hi, I have a Garmin Nuvi 1390. When driving to London recently the satnav froze on a large roundabout and would not reset. After 5 minutes I stopped and reset the satnav and it then worked. On the return trip later that night it again froze a few miles from the first failure and would not restart or recalculate. Again I had to stop to reset.
On a later occasion, I drove through the City of London. On arriving at the edge of the City as the buildings got taller the satnav ceased to show the route properly and maintained 'off road' at the top of the screen, moving the road map but not following the correct, main road route to the chosen destination. It did not reset and I drove to the destination without its help, knowing the route.
Are these the sort of problem I should expect? Is there anything wrong with the Garmin?
John
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Hi John,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

The first thing I would try is updating the garmin on a computer, You will need to register with garmin but once you are registered you should be able to update the garmin. The garmin has software on it that can become corrupt just like a computer, I would try an update first.

http://www.garmin.com/uk/support/