Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my samsung 37in hd set has started to display wrong colours.

my samsung 37in hd set has started to display wrong colours. I have tried following guidance on the net, but nothing works
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please provide me picture of TV screen to see what kind of color issue it is?
It will help to diagnose the problem quickly.
Check following link for details to attach the picture file here..
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, I can't send photo, I am watching cricket, the grass is pale purple, flesh tones are bluish, generally it looks like a negative

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, and TV show similar (negative) picture regardless of what video source is being played, is this correct?
What is the model number written on back of TV?
How old it is and how long it have had the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, dvds have the same colour problem.

LE37S86BD

i think the TV is about 3 or 4 years old. problem started a few days ago

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
Does the TV own menu screen show up in normal colors or also affected with the negative image?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I turned off the whole tv, sky box etc for a night, no difference.

The own menu screen is also affected, eg the two rectangular boxes which are normally blue are pink

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Andrew for the info.
It seems the display panel (the screen) internal failure and entire screen need to be replaced in TV to resolve the issue.
Complete display panel replacement would not be feasible repair due to cost that could exceed more than new TV price so you would be better off with the new TV instead of investing money and time on this 4 years old TV.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LCD panel replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.