*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

my galaxy note N7000 is getting a bit slow so someone suggested

my galaxy note N7000 is getting a bit slow so someone suggested buying a new battery; I have now bought 2 SPB high capacity from amazon and cannot get either to even start the charging process?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
First try and clean the headphone jack, out the headphone jack in and out a few times and blow the port out with air. If that does not work then the best option will be to try a reset to see if this is a software or hardware issue.make sure your data already backup properly, because doing the factory reset will erase all of your important data. Do it carefully.

In some condition, we can access the setting menu of Samsung Galaxy Note, than this format can be done using recommended way:

Menu > Setting > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone

When we choose Reset Phone, the warning will be appear and make sure you understand that all data will be erase or deleted. The data you have to backup before is : Contact / SMS / downloaded Application and others.

#Option 2: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S3 with Hardware Key

This option can be done when we can not go to the menu anymore or stuck or frozen in Samsung Galaxy Note, using hardware key is easy to do

1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note and make sure the battery is not empty
  2. Press together and hold : VOLUME UP + HOME BUTTON + POWER BUTTON until the screen appear Android logo and menu
  3. Choose : Wipe data / Factory Reset with VOLUME DOWN and press POWER to choose ok / enter
  4. Finish, all data will be removed and the Samsung Galaxy Note will format by itself to factory default.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but the existing battery is charging fine?

there may be some settings that is blocking the new battery. If they are compatible then they should charge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as always its the simple solutions! turns out there is a transparent film over the contacts! worth remembering for future enquires?

anyway not your fault so happy to rate