Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi I have a Polaroid P40LCD12 Tv less than a year old. No

I have a Polaroid P40LCD12 Tv less than a year old.
No sound
yvonne
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?
- Have you tried to connect DVD player to this TV for sound check?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shahid

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

The only model number on the back of the set is as above Polaroid P40LCD12

I have tried it with the DVD but no sound

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check sound with DVD playback?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back the results?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you iv done that but no luck im afraid

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please increase the volume level of TV, do you hear faint hiss sound from TV speakers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sound at full volume

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Yvonne for the info, so no faint hiss from TV speakers at full volume, is this correct?
If so, I'm afraid it seems sound output chip failure or it is not getting voltage supply from power supply board to function and it needs further trouble shooting to determine what board is causing the no sound output to get it replaced in TV.
Since TV is less than a year old so hopefully it would still be under 12 months warranty, please check the warranty card came with the TV and ask the store to give warranty cover.
If TV is out of warranty then local TV repair shop would be next option to replace the defective board in TV to resolve the problem.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome, I wish I had better news about the TV but hardware failure needs part/ board replacement to fix the issue.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Shahid.