*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I bought a Nikon CoolpixS6300 on July 15th 2013. It has worked

I bought a Nikon CoolpixS6300 on July 15th 2013. It has worked well but now I can't charge it. I've tried it with another charger but no luck. Can you help me?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
There are a couple of options we can try. However this sounds like the battery has failed. We can try this to be sure it is not a glitch with the cameras firmware, remove the battery and connect the charger cord, then hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and allow the charger to stay connected for 15 minutes. Then remove the battery again and hold the power button for 20 seconds with the charger disconnected this time. The reinsert the battery and try powering on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

I carried out your instructions and now there is power and I can use the camera. But there is still no light when I try to charge it.

okay, try charging for about 4-6 hours and then it may reset the charging circuit.
The life of the batteries on average are 12 - 24 moths. You may need to get one soon.
.
.
.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!