*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Samsung lcd tv keeps changing source the remote has no effect

My Samsung lcd tv keeps changing source the remote has no effect neither does the manual controls on the side
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.

There are two possibilities that may cause this to happen.

1. The television itself may default to "TV" since that's the "always on" connection, particularly with HDMI-CEC. You might be able to fix this by turning off "Anynet+" options in your television. If I had to guess, this would be the issue. Other devices have their own CEC, and that may be conflicting with Samsung's Anynet+ CEC.

2. Otherwise, it could be that your bezel's source touch-button is being over-sensitive, which would require a service call, however it is very rare that this would be the case.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not able to turn anything off as non of the controls work

okay, unfortunately this sounds like there is a hardware failure with the Samsung.
What is the approximate purchase date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2010

okay, the warranty has expired on this unit. It will need to be tested to determine which component has failed. It is most likely the control board.