michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My printhead carriage is jammed. The printer service number

Customer Question

My printhead carriage is jammed. The printer service number is ***** 207684.
The printer model number is *****
I am using Window's 7
I cannot free the printhead carriage and cannot see why it is unmovable.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

please let me know the make of the printer

michelleclive :

in case the printhead is jammed, please turn off printer and unplug power cord

michelleclive :

keep the on button on printer presses for 10 secs

michelleclive :

keep the on button on printer pressed for 10 secs

michelleclive :

wait for 2 minutes

michelleclive :

plug in power cord back in and turn on printer and check

michelleclive :

check if the printhead moves or not

michelleclive :

if the printhead seems to be parked on one end, let me know which end---left or right

michelleclive :

let me know the above information and i will suggest further accordingly

Customer:

hello michele. The printer is a Kodak 7250 .

michelleclive :

ok

Customer:

I have carried out your instructions but the printer show " printhead carriage jam"

michelleclive :

does it give any error code number

Customer:

The printer is a Kodak 7250' Instructions carried out . has not got rid of problem

michelleclive :

where is the carriage jammed

michelleclive :

left end or right end

michelleclive :

when printer is turned off and if you manually try moving it then too it seems stuck

michelleclive :

is that correct

michelleclive :

are you there

michelleclive :

are you getting my messages

michelleclive :

if the carriage seems to be parked at one end and even when printer is off, it would not move manually then it clearly indicates a mechanical jam

michelleclive :

in such a case the unit would need to be disassembled to clear the carriage jam

michelleclive :

if within warranty you may get it serviced through kodak else through any local printer repair store

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

Carriage jammed on right side. Carriage does not move when on or off. It is jammed. I thought you was going to supply me with the remody.

michelleclive :

its a mechanical jam in there

michelleclive :

fixing this would involve opening up the printer and checking the different components that could cause the jam

michelleclive :

this jam cannot be cleared in a do it yourself technique as this involves sensors

michelleclive :

any wrong step can lead to sensor being damaged

michelleclive :

that is why it would be wise to get the unit serviced

michelleclive :

through remote support i can diagnose and let you know where the fault is and if its fixable through simple steps, i would have shared the steps. but where it requires service i can suggest the same only

michelleclive :

hope you understand

michelleclive :

please click on a smiley face below if your question has been answered; else let me know if you have any more questions and i will assist you further